Darwin Workshop 2020
WHEN: Monday, 23rd March, 2020
COST: $345 inc. GST.
VENUE: Rydges Palmerston, 15 Maluka Drive, Palmerston, Darwin, Northern Territory.
ENQUIRIES: Please email email@example.com.
DISCOUNTS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a 10% discount for students and teams (3 or more staff from same workplace). Team discounts must be booked and paid for as a group.
INCLUDES: Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, tea/coffee, workshop manual, handouts and assessment resources.
TIMES: Registration from 8.20am, start time 8.45am, finish time 4.45pm.
AGENDA: Darwin Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop Agenda (click to download PDF)
PARKING: Complimentary undercover parking is available at the back of the hotel. The carpark has an entry point on either side of the building.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Buses 70, 71, 72, 73 and 77 stop outside the venue. There is a large drop off area outside reception for taxi arrivals.
ACCOMMODATION: Please contact Rydges Palmerston directly on (08) 8983 6666 for room reservations. Quote ‘Babble and Munch Speech Pathology’ to be allocated a discounted room rate.
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals.
Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop (Monday, 23rd March)
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Feeding case histories
- How to complete an in-depth oral motor examination
- Impact of tongue tie on feeding and oral development
- Assessment and management of tongue tie based on current evidence
- Treatment of breastfeeding and bottle feeding difficulties
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Focus on 0-12 months, skills also applicable for working with older children as the foundation for all feeding skills.
- Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist