Gold Coast Workshop 2019
WHEN: Friday 5th April 2019
COST: $330 inc. GST
VENUE: Mantra on View, 22 View Ave, Surfers Paradise, QLD
ENQUIRIES: Babble & Munch Speech Pathology, email@example.com
DISCOUNTS: Students and team discounts 10% off (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for discounts)
INCLUDES: Catering, workshop manual, handouts and assessment resources
ACCOMMODATION: Delegate rate of $135 single room per night, $150 twin/double room per night – Contact Mantra on View
PARKING & TRANSPORT: $8 day-rate on-site parking. Walking distance to Cyprus Avenue Station for G:Link
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals.
Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Feeding case histories
- How to complete an in-depth oral motor examination
- Impact of tongue tie on feeding and oral development
- Assessment and management of tongue tie based on current evidence
- Treatment of breastfeeding and bottle feeding difficulties
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Focus on 0-12 months, skills also applicable for working with older children as the foundation for all feeding skills.
- To understand the typical stages of infant oral and feeding development (0-12 months) that underpin feeding in all ages.
- To learn how to conduct a thorough case history, oral motor assessment and feeding evaluation to inform treatment plans.
- To understand the potential impact of tongue tie on feeding and to be aware of the current evidence on assessment and treatment of tongue tie.
- To identify treatment principles and techniques for breastfeeding, bottle feeding and early solids difficulties, including related oral motor skills.
Presenter: Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist