Online IFFW 2020 – Registrations Now Closed
The Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop that was due to run in Melbourne in late October has now been moved to an online workshop due to the COVID-19 pandemic and local restrictions.
WHEN: Available online Fri 30th October to Mon 30th November 2020 – pre-recorded, on-demand, watch at your own pace.
Registrations now closed.
LIVE Q&A SESSION: Fri 27th November 10am AEDT.
INCLUDES: 4 x 1.5hr recorded modules, 1hr Live Q&A session, workshop manual, handouts, assessment resources. Online access for 1 month. Printed manual will be posted to participants within Australia (overseas participants will have access to either an electronic manual or printed manual, depending on postage speed and cost).
COST: AUD$320 inc. GST.
DISCOUNTS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a 10% discount for students and teams (3 or more staff from same workplace). Team discounts must be booked and paid for as a group. Each individual staff member must have their own registration to the workshop, even in the instance of watching together as a team.
ENQUIRIES: Please email email@example.com.
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals. Participants must be a health professional working in a field related to feeding and/or infants (workshop not for parents). Each health professional is responsible for working within their own professional scope of practice and experience level in regards to infant and paediatric feeding.
The course has been organised into four online modules of approximately 1.5 hour duration each, plus a 1 hour live Q&A session to answer any of your questions. The focus is on 0-12 months developmental skills, however the course content is also applicable for working with older children as these skills are the foundation for all feeding skills (e.g. learning to chew).
MODULE 1: Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Infant feeding landscape: Parts making up the whole
- Development of typical oral structure and function
- Oral sensory motor feeding skill development
MODULE 2: Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Feeding case histories
- Completing an in-depth oral motor examination
- Tongue & lip ties: Impact and assessment
- Feeding assessment
MODULE 3: Treatment 0-6 months
- Breastfeeding management
- Bottle feeding management
- Intervening with oral function
- Management of tongue tie and current evidence
MODULE 4: Treatment 6-12 months
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Infant mental health approach to treatment
- Stress points: Common solids feeding difficulties and therapeutic strategies
- Management of tongue tie with solids and current evidence
LIVE Q&A: 1 hour session to answer your questions from the course content.
- Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist