Melbourne Infant Feeding Workshop
WHEN: Friday, 19th June 2020
COST: $320 inc. GST for early-bird registrations before 31st March; $350 inc. GST (from 1st April); team discounts available.
PACKAGE DEAL: Register at the same time for both the 1 day Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop (June 2020) & this 2 day Responsive Feeding Therapy Workshop (September 2020) for a discounted $895 total, inc. GST.
VENUE: Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC.
DISCOUNTS: Contact email@example.com for a discount for students and teams (3+ or 6+ staff from the same workplace). Team discounts must be booked and paid for as a group. No further discounts available on the package deal.
TIMES: Registration from 8.15am, start time 8.45am, finish time 4.45pm.
INCLUDES: Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, tea/coffee, workshop manual, handouts and assessment resources.
AGENDA: Melbourne Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop Agenda (click to download PDF)
ACCOMMODATION: Please contact Rydges Melbourne directly on (03) 9662 0511 for room reservations.
PARKING: Car parking is available at a Secure Park located directly below the hotel at a rate of $30/day. Guests to take a ticket from the boom gate on entry and present at the hotel reception desk prior to departure to receive the discounted rate.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Public transport is available via Parliament train station and numerous tram lines on Bourke Street.
ENQUIRIES: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals. Each health professional is responsible for working within their own scope of practice and level of expertise in regards to paediatric feeding.
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Feeding case histories
- How to complete an in-depth oral motor examination
- Impact of tongue tie on feeding and oral development
- Assessment and management of tongue tie based on current evidence
- Treatment of breastfeeding and bottle feeding difficulties
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Focus on 0-12 months, skills also applicable for working with older children as the foundation for all feeding skills.
- Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist