Melbourne Infant Feeding Workshop
In light of the situation with Coronavirus in Australia, this event has been rescheduled from its original date of Friday, 19 June 2020 to Friday, 23 October 2020. All registered attendees as of 22 March 2020 have been advised of this postponement via email and can contact email@example.com with any further queries. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
WHEN: Friday, 23rd October, 2020
COST: $320 inc. GST for early-bird registrations before 30th June; $350 inc. GST (from 1st July); team discounts available.
PACKAGE DEAL: Register at the same time for both the 1 day Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop (Oct 2020) & this 2 day Responsive Feeding Therapy Workshop (September 2020) for a discounted $895 total, inc. GST.
VENUE: Rydges Melbourne, 186 Exhibition St, Melbourne VIC.
DISCOUNTS: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a discount for students and teams (3+ or 6+ staff from the same workplace). Team discounts must be booked and paid for as a group. No further discounts available on the package deal.
TIMES: Registration from 8.15am, start time 8.45am, finish time 4.45pm.
INCLUDES: Morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, tea/coffee, workshop manual, handouts and assessment resources.
AGENDA: Melbourne Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop Agenda (click to download PDF)
ACCOMMODATION: Please contact Rydges Melbourne directly on (03) 9662 0511 for room reservations.
PARKING: Car parking is available at a Secure Park located directly below the hotel at a rate of $30/day. Guests to take a ticket from the boom gate on entry and present at the hotel reception desk prior to departure to receive the discounted rate.
PUBLIC TRANSPORT: Public transport is available via Parliament train station and numerous tram lines on Bourke Street.
ENQUIRIES: Please email email@example.com.
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals. Each health professional is responsible for working within their own scope of practice and level of expertise in regards to paediatric feeding.
Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop (Friday, 23rd October, 2020)
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Feeding case histories
- How to complete an in-depth oral motor examination
- Impact of tongue tie on feeding and oral development
- Assessment and management of tongue tie based on current evidence
- Treatment of breastfeeding and bottle feeding difficulties
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Focus on 0-12 months, skills also applicable for working with older children as the foundation for all feeding skills.
- Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist