Perth Workshop 2018
WHEN: Monday 19 November 2018
VENUE: Perth, WA (CBD/central venue to be confirmed)
Babble & Munch Speech Pathology
firstname.lastname@example.org or 1300 755 490
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals.
Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills
- Feeding case histories
- How to complete an oral motor examination
- Impact of tongue tie on feeding and oral development
- Assessment and management of tongue tie based on current evidence
- Treatment of breastfeeding and bottle feeding difficulties
- Treatment of early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Focus on 0-12 months, skills also applicable for working with older children
- To understand the typical stages of infant oral and feeding development (0-12 months) that underpin feeding in all ages.
- To learn how to conduct a thorough case history, oral motor assessment and feeding evaluation to inform treatment plans.
- To understand the potential impact of tongue tie on feeding and to be aware of the current evidence on assessment and treatment of tongue tie.
- To identify treatment principles and techniques for breastfeeding, bottle feeding and early solids difficulties, including related oral motor skills.
Presenter: Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist