Townsville Workshop 2018
WHEN: Fri 17th & Sat 18th August 2018
COST: $330 – 1 day, $600 – 2 days, incl. GST
VENUE: Seagulls Resort, 74 The Esplanade, Belgian Gardens QLD
Babble & Munch Speech Pathology
email@example.com or 1300 755 490
Workshop presented in partnership between Babble & Munch Speech Pathology & Therapy Alliance Group.
Open to allied health, medical, nursing & complementary health professionals.
Registration is now closed.
Infant Feeding Foundations (Fri Aug 17)
Assessment & Management (including Tongue Tie & Oral Function)
- Developmental foundations of feeding and oral development
- Assessment of oral structure, function and feeding skills, including detailed case histories and oral motor examinations
- Impact of tongue tie on feeding and oral development
- Assessment and management of tongue tie based on current evidence
- Treatment of breastfeeding, bottle feeding and early solids difficulties, including oral motor skills for feeding
- Focus on 0-12 months, skills also applicable for working with older children
Presenter: Carly Veness, Speech Pathologist
Carly Veness runs Babble & Munch Speech Pathology, a private practice focused on infant and child feeding in Victoria. Carly also works in the Newborn Intensive & Special Care unit at The Royal Women’s Hospital and has a Graduate Diploma in Infant Mental Health.
Paediatric Feeding Difficulties (Sat Aug 18)
(including Sensory Feeding Difficulties & Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- Interaction of sensory preferences, past experiences and oral motor skills in feeding
- Assessment and management of behavioural feeding difficulties including how to analyse and read a child’s “cues”
- Selective eating in children with ASD, including practical strategies to expand experiences
- The Mealtime Management Method: a simple and practical way to help picky eaters progress
Presenter: Rachel Tosh, Speech Pathologist
Rachel Tosh runs Therapy Alliance Group, a multi-disciplinary allied health service in QLD. Rachel’s diverse clinical experience was gained in both Australia and the UK. She has a special interest in paediatric feeding, literacy disorders and parent training.