Work With Us
OPEN NOW – SENIOR FRONT DESK ADMINISTRATOR
* Part-time position, 2.5 – 3 days/week, immediate start
* Above-award salary. No out-of-hours or weekend work
* Front desk Senior Receptionist/Administration role
Are you looking for a small, family-focused team where you can be an important part of making a difference for children and families?
Do you get joy from helping solve problems and connecting people with solutions (whether they be our clients, our speech pathologists, or our broader community)?
Do you thrive on efficiency, accuracy, detail and following (or developing) the process?
Do you love customer service and building relationships with families?
If that’s you, please read on! We’re seeking a star Senior Front Desk Administrator to take on and continue to shape this position in our unique private practice feeding clinic in our Heidelberg West rooms.
You are a talented, positive and engaging person who cares deeply about customer service and supporting your team to be the best version of themselves. You are highly efficient and organised, with excellent work-ethic and ability to work independently, while also getting energy from working with your team. You love speaking with parents and families on the phone, email and front desk, as part of a small team making a difference in their lives!
About Babble & Munch Feeding Therapy
Babble & Munch Feeding Therapy (formerly Babble & Munch Speech Pathology) is a niche private feeding clinic with a strong reputation in Melbourne and beyond for helping babies and children with feeding and swallowing difficulties and supporting their families. Paediatric feeding therapy is not just a job for us, it’s our calling! We work with families and their children with a range of medical and developmental conditions, helping them to learn to better feed, eat, drink and enjoy mealtimes. Our small team of speech pathologists work from our clinic in Heidelberg West, as well as providing telehealth services around Victoria and Australia. In everything we do at Babble & Munch we aim to live out our values of excellence, integrity, empathy, respect, curiosity and creativity.
Your Role in Our Future
We have an opening for a part-time Senior Front Desk Administrator to assist our small administrative and clinical team to take our practice to the next level!
The role will be 2.5 – 3 days per week based at our Heidelberg West clinic with availability to start now. You would ideally be able to work Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday to start, with some possibility of flexibility of hours. No weekend or after-hours work is required. Your job scope may change as our practice grows.
Your most important tasks will be:
- Maintaining the day-to-day administrative aspects of the business, including welcoming clients at reception, coordinating the team calendars in Halaxy, scheduling appointments, responding to phone and email queries, contacting referrers, completing client intake, client document processing and waiting list management.
- Coordinating tasks with the speech pathologists and other administration; supporting the work of junior receptionists.
- Reviewing, modifying and developing administrative policies and procedures, in collaboration with our Team Leaders.
- Keeping all our electronic systems, practice management software, and reporting up-to-date.
- Identifying opportunities for further streamlining and improving client and staff experience.
- Sharing the day-to-day responsibility of implementing our COVID-Safe/cleaning/PPE practices in the clinic.
- Working independently, with support from the clinic Director & Clinical Lead, to oversee the practice administration.
- Becoming a loved and valued member of our team!
Key Selection Criteria
- Preferred 4+ years receptionist or administrative experience. Additional support for upskilling or moving from another sector available, if necessary.
- Excellent computer skills, with experience in practice management software ideal, Microsoft Office, and other relevant computer/online software.
- Ability to learn new skills quickly, adapt to change and work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills, written communication skills and friendly, professional phone manner.
- A team player who enjoys contributing to a positive workplace culture.
- Understanding of funding models relevant to allied health preferred (e.g. NDIS, Medicare Chronic Disease Management, Private Health rebates).
- A ‘can-do’, positive attitude.
- Full COVID vaccination status.
- Hold an Employee Working with Children Check and Police Check when position starts.
Why work for us?
- We’ll invest in you and your professional growth, with professional development opportunities.
- You’ll be part of a small, dedicated team who enjoy the work we do and make a difference in the lives of children and their families.
- No weekend/after-hours work (our clinic opens 8.15am and closes 4.45pm each weekday).
- Less stress and more paced work environment than many busy GP/medical practices.
- Above award rates.
- Opportunity to ‘own’ the role and make it your own, while working closely with our team for support and collaboration.
How to Apply
Take a leap! If the above calls to you, step out and get your application to us!
TO APPLY, please complete the following steps and email them to Carly Veness at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your cover letter, directed to Carly Veness, Principal Speech Pathologist. In your cover letter, please tell us (i) what draws you to this position at Babble & Munch and (ii) what personal values you hold that underpin your work and that you think would be a great fit for us.
- Your latest resume.
- Find out your personality type by taking the quiz and send Carly your answer WITH YOUR APPLICATION. We don’t use this to rule anyone out, as we believe all personality types have strengths and weaknesses. We use this information to get to know you more. You can click here to access the quiz: 16Personalities.com.
Any enquiries can be directed to Carly on email@example.com.
Interviews will only be offered to suitable, short-listed candidates. We reserve the right to fill, close or modify the advertised position at any point.
At Babble and Munch Speech Pathology we are committed to excellence in service provision and to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of children. We are a Child Safe and Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Part of the application process will involve reference checks for successful candidate(s).